The Alresford Pigs Association has given financial help to those in need in Alresford and the surrounding villages for more than 40 years.
We have given money for:
- Organisations such as the scouts, guides, sports & youth groups
- Local schools for specific projects
- School children unable to pay for school trips
- Single families needing white goods
- Families who need support that cannot be provided by other services
- Mobility scooters
- Park benches
- Senior residents events and activities
We raise money by organising or contributing to community events such as:
- Taking entry fees, manning the gates & acting as security support at the annual Alresford Show
- Organising traffic control at the annual Watercress Festival
- Organising the bi-annual Duck Race (next one June 2019)
- Erecting, maintaining and removing the towns spectacular Christmas trees and lights
- Organising and performing the arrival of Father Christmas (next one in December!)
With an emphasis upon participation & fun we welcome new members – with the membership process started by recommendation from any one of our existing members.
As an example of our work, pictured below is one of our many former Chair Pigs, Robert Sanders handing over a ‘big cheque’ to the Alresford mini-rugby squad to help them purchase training balls other equipment.
The Plant Stall Is Back!
After the amazing reception it got in 2020, we simply had to bring back the Alresford Pigs Plant Stall - but the New and Improved Version!
We're still down by Alresford Allotments off Spring Gardens but this year, head grower Alex Tolfree has cons...Read more